GCSE english language
write it right
writing to inform / describe / explain
- suitable for AQA / Edexcel IGCSE / OCR exam boards
- tailored to GCSE students entered for Higher Tier and aiming for grades A* – C
English Language GCSE counts – for a lot. Whether you want to go to university, enrol on a vocational course or find a job, a good grade in English will help you get there.
write it right develops understanding of the functional elements and techniques of written English so students can approach the language writing paper with confidence.
how the workshop can help
write it right shows you what examiners are looking for. By drawing on a variety of sources, you’ll discover how to identify a writer’s craft and analyse linguistic techniques that inform, describe or explain. You’ll also learn how to apply these techniques to your own writing and adapt your style to fit audience and purpose.
what to expect
- detailed outline of exam criteria
- tailored explanations of linguistic techniques used in writing to inform, describe and explain
- close reading of a variety of non-fiction texts such as letters, speeches, reports, newspaper articles
- analysis of techniques used in example texts for specific purpose, content and audience
- exercises and activities to practise techniques in writing
- past paper practice, discussion and analysis of successful responses that reach the highest grades, with close reference to examiner reports
- individual feedback
what to pay
- £ 75 – includes all study materials and refreshments