GCSE english language
write it right
writing to argue and persuade
- suitable for AQA / Edexcel / OCR exam boards
- tailored to GCSE students entered for Higher Tier and aiming for grades A* – C
English Language GCSE counts – for a lot. Whether you want to go to university, enrol on a vocational course or find a job, a good grade in English will help you get there.
write it right provides a firm scaffold for understanding the functional elements and techniques of written English so you can demonstrate competent writing and pass the GCSE with the highest grade possible.
how the workshop can help
write it right shows you what examiners are looking for so you can confidently approach the writing section of the language paper. By drawing on a variety of sources, you’ll discover how to identify a writer’s craft and analyse linguistic techniques that best argue and persuade. You’ll learn how to apply these techniques to your own writing and adapt your style to fit audience and purpose.
what to expect
- detailed outline of exam criteria
- tailored explanations of linguistic techniques used in writing to argue and persuade
- close reading of a variety of non-fiction texts
- analysis of techniques used in example texts for specific purpose, content and audience
- exercises and activities to practise techniques in writing
- past paper practice, discussion and analysis of successful responses that reach the highest grades, with close reference to examiner reports
- individual feedback
what to pay
- £ 75 – includes all study materials and refreshments