aqa english literature: poetry
dem tell me
characters and voices
- suitable for AQA poetry anthology – ‘characters and voices’ cluster
- tailored to GCSE students aiming for grades A*- C
English GCSE counts – for a lot. Whether you want to go to university, enrol on a vocational course or find a job, a good grade in English will help you get there.
dem tell me equips you with a thorough understanding and critical appreciation of the poems in the ‘Characters and Voices’ cluster of the AQA anthology so you can approach the poetry paper with confidence.
how the workshop can help
With a variety of activities and tasks, dem tell me brings the poems to life and takes you on an exciting journey into poetic appreciation. With a renewed understanding of poetry and poetic techniques, you’ll learn how to peel back the layers of meaning and interpret what lies beneath.
what to expect
- detailed outline of exam criteria and assessment objectives
- close study of each poem’s ideas, themes and issues
- exploration and critical evaluation of poetic techniques
- consideration and analysis of form, structure and language choices
- tailored activities to make comparisons and links between poems
- exercises to encourage personal response and interpretation that peels back the layers of meaning
- practice on how to move from general commentary to micro-analysis providing clear evidence in support
- past paper practice, discussion and analysis of successful responses that reach the highest grades, with close reference to examiner reports
- individual feedback
what to pay
£ 75 – includes all study materials and refreshments