‘croquet, or the war’
gcse english literature: drama
- suitable for AQA / Edexcel iGCSE / OCR exam boards
- tailored to GCSE students aiming for grades A*- C
English GCSE counts – for a lot. Whether you want to go to university, enrol on a vocational course or find a job, a good grade in English will help you get there.
‘croquet, or the war’ equips you with a thorough understanding and critical appreciation of Sherriff’s Journey’s End so you can approach the literature exam with confidence.
how the workshop can help
With a variety of activities and tasks, ‘croquet, or the war’ brings the play to life and takes you on a memorable journey into Sherriff’s trenches. With renewed enthusiasm for the play, you’ll learn how to peel back the layers of meaning and interpret what lies beneath.
what to expect
- detailed outline of exam criteria and assessment objectives
- close study of the importance of the play’s themes, dramatic techniques and characterisation
- exploration and critical evaluation of the play and its context
- consideration of the wider social purpose and cultural precepts that inform the play
- tailored activities to analyse the effects of Sherriff’s choices of language, structure and form
- exercises to encourage personal response and interpretation that peels back the layers of meaning
- practice on how to move from general commentary to micro-analysis providing clear evidence in support
- past paper practice, discussion and analysis of successful responses that reach the highest grades, with close reference to examiner reports
- individual feedback
what to pay
- £ 75 – includes all study materials and refreshments