gcse english literature
tend the rabbits
‘of mice and men’
- suitable for AQA / Edexcel iGCSE / OCR exam boards
- tailored to GCSE students aiming for grades A*- C
English GCSE counts – for a lot. Whether you want to go to university, enrol on a vocational course or find a job, a good grade in English will help you get there.
tend the rabbits equips you with a thorough understanding and critical appreciation of Steinbeck’s ‘Of Mice and Men’ so you can approach the literature exam with confidence.
how the workshop can help
With a variety of activities and tasks, tend the rabbits brings the novel to life and takes you on an exciting journey into Steinbeck’s world.With renewed enthusiasm for the novel, you’ll learn how to peel back the layers of meaning and interpret what lies beneath.
what to expect
- detailed outline of exam criteria and assessment objectives
- close study of the importance of the novel’s themes, setting and characterisation
- exploration and critical evaluation of the novel and its context
- consideration of the wider social purpose and cultural precepts that inform the novel
- tailored activities to analyse the effects of Steinbeck’s choices of language, structure and form
- exercises to encourage personal response and interpretation that peels back the layers of meaning
- practice on how to move from general commentary to micro-analysis providing clear evidence in support
- past paper practice, discussion and analysis of successful responses that reach the highest grades, with close reference to examiner reports
- individual feedback
what to pay
- £ 75 – includes all study materials and refreshments